Monday, January 12, 2009

Just Thinking . . . By Coach Joyce

I've been thinking about this past year and frankly, I'm so glad it's over!
This begins a New Day. A new journal and a new attitude towards my marriage. I have asked God for new opportunities and new vision for the year. I have chosen this scripture as my life verse for the year to:

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God,the
creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and
his understanding NO ONE can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and
increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and
young men stumble and fall; BUT those who hope in the Lord WILL renew
their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; the will run
and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40: 28-31 NIV

My prayer is that God will teach me to wait on Him and rely on Him as my source of all my needs. Al belongs to Him and He has to take care of Al - I can't do anything about this situation but trust that God has things in control. I just have to WAIT!

Don't I sound like a different person - AMAZING! God has really beenworking on my heart. Fortunately, I have made a choice to submit to my Lord. I'm so tired of thinking about "my pain". I need to move beyond this. Yesterday I decided to reflect on what I've learned this past year. I have come up with 25 items that I have been taught.
1) Keep your eyes on God;
2) Study to understand;
3) Don't take (accept) other people's labels just
because they have initials after their
names;
4) You don't have to have your situation put in a
box;
5) Don't let the world, books, or any other person
dictate how should feel, act, or respond;
6) Learn to be Ok with yourself;
7) Do things you wouldn't normally do and learn from
them;
8) Love anyway!
9) Its Ok to feel;
10) God will never leave or forsake you even when
you've forsaken yourself;
11) When the help that you sought gives you bad advice –
you don't have to take it! Get mad enough to refuse
to be put in a mold. Your behavior,
reactions, and eventual recovery has to be
individualized.
12) As Winston Churchill said; "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER,
NEVER GIVE UP!"
13) God is all sufficient. He really does care and He
really does have a plan.
14) Be careful who you trust. Just because they say they
care or are your friend doesn't mean they really
are!
15) Be slow to judge others;
16) Even the suckiest situation can have a positive
outcome;
17) Learn to wait;
18) Emotional pain comes in all sizes and shapes - be
careful how you react and respond;
19) Be willing to care even when you don't
understand;
20) We are all imperfect frail human beings - Get over
it!
21) Love never gives up or "calls uncle";
22) Learn to discern - not all tools are the right ones
for your situation;
23) Stop thinking so much about yourself and start
thinking about the other person;
24) Pray everyday for your husband (wife). Bring them
before the Lord.
25) If you can't sleep, use the time for prayer,
reading, journaling - what ever you have to do to
make it a positive time for you. What Satan means
for evil, God can make good!!!

I thought I'd share these revelations with you. I hope you all have awonderful New Year and that God gives you revelations and strength to share them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joyce for sharing your heart. I am so encouraged by your words and how you direct me back to the Lord's feet and truth! Thank you for sharing your heart!

Joyce Wise said...

I'm glad that the words were encouraging to you - that's what living in Christ is all about, encouraging one another.
This morning I read a wonderful statement in the Love Dare, "love that chooses to love is just as powerful as love that feels like loving. In ways, it's truer love because it has its eyes wide open."
Joyce